Re: rman (PolyglotMan) + TkMan are now under the Artistic License.

> --3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF
>
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 07:54:29AM +0300, Shaul Karl wrote:
> > Based on http://{polyglotman, tkman}.sourceforge.net:
> [...]
> > rman (3.0.8) is currently in non-free. TkMan has no official deb maintain=
> er.
> > Unofficial deb for TkMan 2.1b4 [Depends: tk8.3 (>=3D 8.3.0-1), rman (>=3D=
> =20
> > 3.0.8-1)] can be found on ftp.linux.org.il/pub/local-dev/shaulk.
> > I intend to upload there a deb for TkMan 2.1 shortly after there will be =
> an=20
> > official deb in woody for the new rman.
>
> rman is yet another one of those things that has been devoured into the
> XFree86 4.x source tree.
>
> Therefore I will shipping rman as part of XFree86 4.0.
>
> Currently I have it slated to go into the new "xutils" package, which is
> basically every executable program built by XFree86 that isn't actually
> linked against the X libraries.
>
> See the URL below.
>
> --=20
> G. Branden Robinson             |     I have a truly elegant proof of the
> Debian GNU/Linux                |     above, but it is too long to fit into
> branden@debian.org              |     this .signature file.
> http://www.debian.org/~branden/ |

Since Stephen M Moraco <stephen_moraco@agilent.com> is currently the rman
maintainer (he has uploaded rman_3.0.9-1 to incoming a few weeks ago) and my
intended TkMan deb depends on rman I just want to make sure that everyone here
is aware to the rman package status.

--

	--  Shaul Karl <shaulk@israsrv.net.il>

	Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com