Re: init script config files

Ethan Benson wrote:
> because not all daemons are alike, each has thier own subtle needs,
> trying to make a one-size-fits-all shell script `library' will only
> cause bugs, and make the script less clear and harder to modify.

I have to agree. If you read say, 50 init scripts, you'll find 50% of
them are pretty generic. The other half are way out-there and have to do
a myrid of strange things. start-stop-daemon _is_ our init script
library, and it's about as close as you can come to one bit of code all
init scripts can use (and some of them cannot even use it).

--
see shy jo