Re: Developer Locations

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 03:39:41PM -0400 , Itai Zukerman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some time ago it was mentioned on debian-devel that
> lat./long. information is part of the developer LDAP database.

yes.

> However, I don't see a way to search by geographical area in
> db.debian.org (the closest you get is "country").  Does this

yes

> functionality exist somewhere?  If not, is there some substantial

I think logged in users can see the location info, but not the anonymous ones

> reason why?

privacy was the reason I think

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

<Myth> the UNIX trademark has changed hands so much no one is quite sure who really owns it anymore