Re: dropping support for cvsweb in debian

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Viewcvs could then Replace it.

I'll advice to try viewcvs as soon as possible on Debian CVS.

Some people in the French Debian Translation Projet (and in many
other translation projets, i guess) can only access to document
sources through CVSWEB (because proxies filter cvs accesses, for
instance). And CVSWeb requires stupid write accesses to
CVSROOT/history, so we could not get any document since no
666 access what given to it by webmaster, for security reasons.
Moreover, CVSWeb upstream didn't reply to any of our requests.
(We can even not checkout on their own web page !)

Go For It and Now ! :-)

However, before giving cvsweb away, please make sure its development
was not stopped (let's give them a chance to change their mind :-))

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@IDEALX.com>

| IDEALX - Open Source Engineering / Ingénierie Open Source |
| http://IDEALX.com                                         |