Re: Debian 2.2 Release.

Seth Cohn wrote:
> Agreed.  The question was: what is cleanest?  Changing every package out there
> and the spec of future packages, _or_ patching bugs/reportbugs ?
> Seems to me, the cleaner answer is patching... way less work.  One person can
> fix it, as opposed to making everyone change.

We seem to have different definitions of "clean".

:clean: 1. /adj./  Used of hardware or software designs, implies
   `elegance in the small', that is, a design or implementation that
   may not hold any surprises but does things in a way that is
   reasonably intuitive and relatively easy to comprehend from the
   outside.  The antonym is `grungy' or {crufty}.  2. /v./ To
   remove unneeded or undesired files in a effort to reduce clutter:
   "I'm cleaning up my account."  "I cleaned up the garbage and now
   have 100 Meg free on that partition."

A solution that only works for packages installed with apt is hardly clean.

--
see shy jo