Re: SECURITY PROBLEM: autofs [all versions]

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 12:49:42PM +0200, Wouter Hanegraaff wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 10:34:51PM +0200, Ingo Saitz wrote:
> > No. The correct way is to move the "SnnScript" links to
> > "KnnScripts" links for all runlevels - you can even do that with
> > update-rc.d - and if you do this, update-rc.d *does* the Right
> > Thing upon upgrading the package.
>
> Hmm this is very useful information. It seems that I'm not the only
> one who didn't know this. Where is this documented?

update-rc.d(8):

       If  any  files  /etc/rcrunlevel.d/[SK]??name already exist
       then update-rc.d does nothing.  This is so that the system
       administrator  can rearrange the links, provided that they
       leave at least one link remaining,  without  having  their
       configuration overwritten.

--
 - mdz