portmap (was Re: SECURITY PROBLEM: autofs [all versions])

In Wed, 5 Jul 2000 18:25:28 -0400, de profundis Adam McKenna <adam-debian@flounder.net> cum veritate scripsit

adam-debian> What I'm trying to say is that of the current choices available to me for
adam-debian> disabling portmap, none are particularly attractive.  The least unattractive,
adam-debian> which is changing all of the S* links to K* links in /etc/rc*.d is still not
adam-debian> a great answer -- why should I litter up my file system with unnecessary
adam-debian> symlinks?

Is this not possible with
# update-rc.d -f portmap remove

? Or am I missing something?

IMO nfs is quite handy in installing other machines from the network.

regards,
	junichi

--
University: ti0113@mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer@netfort.gr.jp