Re: Does Security matter at all?

Nathan E Norman wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 02:28:08PM +0200, Alexander N. Benner wrote:
> >
> > I get the idea that Debian, at least some developers here, do not care at all
> > about security as long as it reduces felxibility or comfort.
>
> You do realise the maintainer has agreed to change the default
> /etc/fstab in the next release?

The maintainer has agreed to change /etc/auto.misc for the next release
after potato, yes.  I personally think it's a little late, but that is
my opinion.  However, I agree with Alexander when he says:

``at least some developers here, do not care at all
  about security as long as it reduces felxibility or comfort.''

which is especially ironic since changing auto.misc in no way reduces
flexibility or comfort since autofs mounts everything as root anyway.

Christopher