Re: SECURITY PROBLEM: autofs [all versions]

Hello.

Christopher W. Curtis schrieb:
> It's not wrong, it simply won't persist between package upgrades.  If
> you hack the init script, the package won't upgrade smoothly.  The need
> for doing this is a deficiency in the debain system configuration
> process.  update-rc.d doesn't persist either, and this is the "correct"
> way.

The fact that removed symlinks in /etc/rc?.d/ get recreated on
update and installs after remove (as opposed to virgin/after
purge) annoyed me for some time now. Couldn't this be fixed by
only calling 'update-rc.d install' on install and not on update
and only if the initscript is not already there? I mean, the
names of init scripts usually don't change, thus there is no
need to update the symlinks anyway exept the position changes.

Probably this could be done by a 'update-rc.d update' that is
called like 'update-rc.d install'. Then it would even be trivial
to change the order of links if some maintainer changes his
mind. (I mean the number in K66killrandomd).

ciao, 2ri
--
What, you didn't now our windos emualtor, killrandomd?