Re: sensible-x-terminal and x-terminal-emulator

From: Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@surfchem0.riken.go.jp>
Subject: Re: sensible-x-terminal and x-terminal-emulator
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:01:55 +0900

> I make an updated package of sensible-xtermemu (previously
> sensible-x-terminal).
>
> It is available at
> ftp://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/pub/sensible-xtermemu/
> and I wrote a webpage for it
> http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/linuxwork/sensible-xtermemu.html

I tried this one just now.  I installed sensible-xtermemu
and edited /etc/menu-methods/menu.h so that it looked like

function term()=\
    "sensible-xtermemu " ifnempty($visible,"-ut") \
        ifnempty($geometry,"-geometry ") $geometry \
        " -T \"" title() "\""  " -e " $command

then did update-menus.

It is really cool.  Now kterm is called from the menu of
WindowMaker (Apps/Shells) so there is no problem to display
Japanese charcters at all!

Thanks for your efforts and I strongly want that Debian
will adopt sensible-xtermemu in a way the (future?) maintainer
desires.

>  - sensible-x-terminal is included in debianutils package or
>  - menu package and so on Depends: on sensible-x-terminal package
>    which I am now writing.

Then perhaps I need not edit /etc/menu-methods/menu.h at all.

Best Regards,			2000.7.4

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>