Re: Debian 2.2 Release.

On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 09:14:47PM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> * "Anthony" == Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> Anthony> On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 04:26:20PM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> >> So the maintainer uploads a new version of freeciv, compiled for
> >> stable, to the freshmeat repository (yes, I would prefer a place in
> >> Debian, but there is none), and the user have a central place to look
> >> for it.
> Anthony> http://ftp-master.debian.org/~ajt/
> So instead of dozends of different locations [...] we have a centralised
> and organized repository.

Exactly. The stuff at the above URL will be moving to /pub/debian/dists
when it's out of testing. Not just a centralised and organised repository,
but one under Debian control, with all the benefits (policy compliance,
trusted maintainers, autocompilation, etc) that entails.

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark