Re: tpctl packages installed in wrong location

On Mon, Jul  3, 2000 at 09:56:04 -0400 (+0000), Thomas Hood wrote:
> Hello.  I am the author of tpctl.  The maintainer
> is Adrian Bridgett.  I write to this address because
> I am told that the problem I have to report can only
> be fixed by the archive managers not the package
> maintainer.
>
> For woody, the tpctl utility consists of two packages:
> tpctl_0.8.8-4.deb
> tpctl-modules-source_0.8.8-4.deb
>
> Both of these are supposed to be installed in the "utils"
> section of the archive.  However, currently, the first
> package is in the "misc" section.  Also, there is an
> obsolete package tpctl-source_0.8.1-5.deb in the "misc"
> section which needs to be removed.
>
> A corresponding change needs to be made to the "source"
> section of the archive: the source files for tpctl need
> to be moved from "misc" to "utils".

Sorry I wasn't clear Thomas - I've already filed a bug against
ftp.debian.org asking for the packages to be moved.

Since this is Cced to debian-devel, I wonder what (if anything) is planned
for the abolition of the overrides file?

Thanks

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@iname.com
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux  -*-   because I'm allergic to Prozac   -*-  www.debian.org