Re: Debian 2.2 Release.

* "Anthony" == Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

Anthony> On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 04:26:20PM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
>> So the maintainer uploads a new version of freeciv, compiled for
>> stable, to the freshmeat repository (yes, I would prefer a place in
>> Debian, but there is none), and the user have a central place to look
>> for it.

Anthony> http://ftp-master.debian.org/~ajt/

So instead of dozends of different locations (the freshmeat repository
is just _one_ location a user has to find) we have a centralised and
organized repository. IMHO, this gives a better chance to keep a bit
of control on this. BTW debbugs is already set up as I saw.

Anthony> Of course, the real solution is for people to learn the words
Anthony> "backwards compatability".

This is something we often have no influence on, so we have to work
around it.

Ciao,
        Martin