Re: Debian 2.2 Release.

* "Hamish" == Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:

Hamish> Already official Debian packages are being outsourced to the
Hamish> Freshmeat repository? And you wonder why I don't like the idea
Hamish> ...

You know the rules: No updates to stable unless security related.

So, someone who want to play freeciv on the net, has to get the
package from unstable. This will work for two months maybe, but then,
another incompatible libc change or whatever will force him to move
most of his system to unstable. This is the situation today.

So the maintainer uploads a new version of freeciv, compiled for
stable, to the freshmeat repository (yes, I would prefer a place in
Debian, but there is none), and the user have a central place to look
for it.

Ciao,
        Martin