Re: Debian 2.2 Release.

On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 12:43:06AM +0200, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 02, 2000 at 01:27:33AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Well we could document it in the release notes for potato, and someone
> > could rebuild the newer client for potato and we could include a pointer
> > to that.
> We could also include newer client in potato.

And if we do, it'll turn out to have two release critical bugs in it,
which will only be discovered during TC3, and will forces a fourth
TC. Further, if we allow freeciv in, we'll also have to allow half a dozen
other new versions of programs in (console-apt? freecraft? mozilla?),
about half of which will also have one or two RC bugs, and similarly
extend the time from here to release.

It's not going to happen.

Cheers,
aj

(well, not without some fairly effective bribes sent to me, Richard
and/or James)

                                      -- Dave Clark