Re: SECURITY PROBLEM: autofs [all versions]

On Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 09:56:45PM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:

> hi christopher...
>
> anytime someone has physical access to the machine...
> you already have a security problem.... ( my definition )

many people run labs of compupters, in which they need
as much physical security as possible.  And dont say just reboot
off of a floppy, cuz any decent lab will have the bios password
protected, and boots directly from the HD without trying the
floppy or CD.

That was the problem discussed with MBR awhile back, that it gave the
option of booting from something else anyways, but that, like this is
considered something the admin should be informed of, but not done
for them(i guess this might get done).