Re: [fpolacco@debian.org: Installed groff 1.16-0 (source i386)]

From: Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@debian.org>
Subject: [fpolacco@debian.org: Installed groff 1.16-0 (source i386)]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:42:32 +0300

> [Please honor the Reply-to and post to debian-i18n list, thanx]

Is this e-mail okay?

> Please TEST it! Please, asian friends, try to use it and report all and
> any bugs you even "imagine" you've seen.
> I want to submit the patch upstream, but I don't want to submit the
> patch if it is buggy, and I'm anyway in a hurry, as the upstream tree is
> again changing.

Well, I am a Japanese and I guess that perhaps I might be one
of your Asian friends, I tested new groff a bit.

It is okay if I do 'groff -Tnippon -mandoc foo.1 | less'
with two or three japanese manual pages.

It also works fine 'groff -Tps -mandoc foo.1 > foo.ps' and
'lpr foo.ps' with japanese manual pages.

Of course 'man foo' works well with english manual pages
but it does not display Japanese characters at all with
Japanese manual pages.  Perhaps this is a problem of man-db
or something else and not of groff itself.

I hope some Japanese member would comment on this point.

Thanks for your efforts.

Best Regards,			2000.6.16

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>