Re: Can we have a debate?

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 10:56:28PM +0100, Anton Ivanov wrote:
> [snip]
>

> > Additionally, those who vote may represent 99% of our user base, or 0.01%,
> > we can never tell for sure, only make a more or less clever guess.
>
> A vote on slashdot will represent a reasonable percentage. And it is on its
> way at the moment.

For what i have read on slashdot, I'm not sure...

But at least it may represent a good part of the users who are enough
interrested in Debian to care about the issue.

> It is of course no base for stats, but it is still interesting what it will
> come to.

Yes, but i don't think a USENET-like vote system is
apropriate. Knowing that this procedure would be much less secure than
a Debian vote with Signed Ballots, the results would haven't a
significant value, even for a User (at least for me).

A+

--
Fabrice Gautier
gautier@email.enst.fr