Re: More Recent versions of mozilla

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 02:52:04PM +0300, Sami Haahtinen wrote:
|On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 07:50:42PM +0900, Julian Stoev wrote:
|> IMHO, Mozilla is safe to install. You can put it in /usr/local/mozilla
|> and all files are only there, which makes the cleaning very easy.
|
|ok then, where can i find <i686 compile of mozilla?
|
|last night i checked the nightlies and it only had i686 build, and as
|i mentioned before, i'm all out of computing power.
|
|so is there a site with <i686 builds =)

Did you try these i686 builds? Try them. Possibly they were optimized
for i686, but using 386 instructions and will run on older processors.

There are two kinds of processor switches -m and -DCPU if I am not
mistaken. If the binaries were compiled with something like
-m686 -DCPU=386, they should work on older processors. I may be wrong
in some details, but in genaral it is not true, that any binary with
i686 in the name will work only on 686. And there are quite a few 686
types....

If these binaries don't work, then..... hmmmm.... you may try to
compile the source... :-| But it will take time.

|> For other software, which installs in bin, man, share,... there is a
|> cure named stow. I think you will like it. I make cleaning trivial.
|
|i think i'll install it again, and check it out. last time i installed
|it, i didn't have any software laying around.. now i have.. =)

Just do it. You'll see it is very good thing.