Re: Is anyone packaging `lame' ?

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 12:21:04AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
>  >Since lame infringes on a German patent, it can't go in non-us either.
> s/German//.
> (But looks like many people still think non-us.d.o is located in .de.
> It's not, is in .nl.)

No, I know non-us is not in .de, bu there are non-us mirrors in .de,
right?  It's then a tricky situation if non-us suddenly has software
which is illegal to distribute in .de!  Mirror maintainers in .de
would have to exclude that software or risk the consequences.  This
requires great vigilance on the part of mirror maintainers.

IOW, there is no non-de :)  This whole issue was beat to death earlier
this year.

Regards,

--
Nathan Norman         "Eschew Obfuscation"          Network Engineer
GPG Key ID 1024D/51F98BB7            http://home.midco.net/~nnorman/