Re: Can we have a debate?

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 08:36:54AM +0900, Noka wrote:

> And hope that Debian is wise enough to listen to users
> because users may almost equal to market, customers or
> clients in business field.
> # It is regretable that an user(not a developer) like me
>   have no right to vote in case if vote to be undertaken
>   for such a deep impact issue to users...

Since when do customers or clients in business field have a rigth to
vote?  (to follow your analogy)

Anyway, a user-vote would be technically very difficult to put in place.

And anyway your analogy is very bad. Remember Debian is about Free
Software ot market. You can expect RedHat to consider users interests
before their personnal believes. You can expect Debian Developpers to
do the exact reverse: They are doing what they believe in.

A+

--
Fabrice Gautier
gautier@email.enst.fr