Re: Dissatisfied w/Debian? Make something 'pure'.

Chip Salzenberg <chip@valinux.com> writes:

> According to Thomas Bushnell, BSG:
> > Chip Salzenberg <chip@valinux.com> writes:
> > > The DFSG is written, clear, and (intended to be) unambiguous.  It is
> > > therefore superior to RMS's Daily Update as a project yardstick.
> >
> > Again, that's unfair.  He has not changed his definition [...]
>
> Yes, he has.  That's not a criticism of him as a person, as I said,
> because everyone learns and adjusts over time.  But if you look back
> over his historical statements of what constitutes freedom, you'll
> find new items added from time to time as RMS becomes aware of their
> significance....  Patents, for example.

This may be only a semantic disagreement then.

I'm sure (because I worked with the man for eight years and was around
during such events) that they had the character of

 "I didn't used to be aware of X, but now that I am, I think it's a
 problem".

They did NOT have the character of "I used to think X was not a
problem, but now I think it is" or the converse switch.

Thomas