Re: New Maintainer issues

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 03:41:00PM -0500, Bolan Meek wrote:
> "Richard A. Hecker" wrote:
> >
> > Since there is so much discussion about the welfare of Debian,
> > could I direct a little of it to the New Maintainer process?
> > I am in the queue and thought  that
> > having someone sign my key was going to be a trivial process.
> > I have seen multiple key signing requests from others.
>
> Have you considered using the method of sending in a scanned
> picture ID?  I remember that being in the list of four or
> so ID verification methods.

Unfortunately, after I did this, I was told it wasn't good enough.
I've been waiting months.  I may have someone coming to Atlanta the
end of June, which will solve it...but it does seems to be a problem
worth discussing.

--
michael d. ivey        [McQ] : "Many of life's failures are people who
   <ivey@gweezlebur.com>     : did not realize how close they were to