Re: Removing non-free - reality check.

Colin Walters <walters@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:

>     Benedikt> Even though, I see a second point (possibly a minor one)
>     Benedikt> for moving non-free OFF debian.org: Donations.
>
> I agree.  I would be much more likely to donate to the Debian project
> (or Software in the Public Interest) if I knew that I wasn't
> inadvertently funding non-free software.

There is a sayin that the most dangerous thing in the world is a
politician that just knows SOMETHING has to be done, but doesn't know
or care what it is, as long as SOMETHING is done.

I share Joseph's desire to get rid of non-free software, but I have
doubts as to wetherthe current resolution is the best way to go about
it.

I don't think there is a reason to modify the Social Contract, since
there are various ways in which we can remove non-free from debian's
server and the other official parts of the project that would not
conflict with a more generous reading of the Social Contracts position
with regads to non-free, but would make very clear to users that the
REAL situation with Debian was that it was 100% Free Software.

--
Craig Brozefsky               <craig@red-bean.com>
Lisp Web Dev List  http://www.red-bean.com/lispweb