Re: removing non-free

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 07:22:41AM -0400, Sean wrote:
> Don't like your kids seeing violence on TV? Ok, lets remove all of it.
> Don't like your kids seeing sex on TV? Ok, lets remove all of it.
> Don't like to be around smoke? Ok, lets remove all of it.
> Don't like people who drink? Ok, lets remove all of it.
> Don't like people to use non-free software? Ok, lets remove all of it.
>
> Soon the world might be a very boring place indeed.

That analogy is utterly useless, though. This debate isn't about
removing non-free from the entire world, or even an entire country.
Just from debian.

In which case, people would be free to get their non-free elsewhere.
The censorship analogy just doesn't hack it.

(Not that I support the GR.  But let's argue it on its points)

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable