New Maintainer issues

> Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:01:24 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>

...<snip>...

> This is not the first time a group have attacked this clause. I regret
> that it will probably not be the last. But what is most hippocritical is
> that we require that new maintainers agree with both The Social Contract
> and the DFSG at the same time some of us are struggling mightily to change
> that very contract! So let's stop trying to describe this clause in the
> contract as "morally bankrupt" and try to appreciate just what the clause
> is for and why it _should_ be there. I suspect that is too much to ask.
>
> Luck,
>
> Dwarf

Since there is so much discussion about the welfare of Debian, could I direct
a little of it to the New Maintainer process?  I am in the queue and thought
that
having someone sign my key was going to be a trivial process.  I have seen
multiple key signing requests from others.

If some of this energy used in these debates was spent to "close the eye-ball
loop", I think the project would benefit ;-)

Richard