Re: Intent to create "Cross-compilation environments"

On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 08:29:22AM -0300, Frank Smith wrote:
> I feel that I would be good for this role because I've been
> working with the GNU toolchain for the past seven years.
> My role has been to build, release and support GNU based native
> and cross toolchains, so I am quite familiar with how the
> pieces of the tools fit together.

Great. On the other side of the issue, I implemented a strategy to make
debian packages cross compilable, see dpkg-architecture(1) [in the dpkg-dev
package). It is used by quite a feq packages already to determine build and
host architecture.

The target architecture is not determined by it, although it would be
straightforward to extent it to do so, if this is wanted.

Thanks,
Marcus