Bug#62987: general: midentd inetd.conf line starts daemon as "daemon" but the log file is owned by "identd"
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#62987: general: midentd inetd.conf line starts daemon as "daemon" but the log file is owned by "identd"
- From: Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@MIT.EDU>
- Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 19:51:59 -0400
- Message-id: <E12jsdz-0006HE-00@becket>
- Reply-to: Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@MIT.EDU>, firstname.lastname@example.org
At some point an upgrade (I'm using frozen and frequently upgrading)
caused midentd to stop working with a confusing error from perl. The cause
of the error is that the /etc/inetd.conf line started midentd as user "daemon",
but the log file is created as user "identd"; the midentd program failed
when the log file could not be opened.
I don't know which package is responsible for the inetd.conf line, so I'm
reporting the bug against "general".
In addition, my inetd.conf line got turned #<off>#, why that happened I do
Turning the line back on, and changing the user to identd, solved the problem
-- System Information
Debian Release: 2.2
Kernel Version: Linux becket 2.2.14 #1 Sat Feb 12 14:37:29 EST 2000 i686 unknown