Bash, Keys, Potato

Hello,

	I am running the lastest potato version and since sometime ago
my key E (yeah, E upcase) stopped working. But only in bash. If I run
csh or ksh, it works. What happens is the following, I type and I dont
get the key displayed. It works as a dead key, waiting for any other
key. When I do type other key, it beeps and I get no output on
screen. I reinstalled bash, libncurses5, libc6 and already trying
changing my keymap, but I wasn't sucessful. I am getting crazy.

PS: Please, send a copy of the answer to me because I am not a
subscriber of debian lists.

Thank you for any help,
--
Rodrigo Castro <rcastro@linux.ime.usp.br>
Computer Science undergraduate student - University of Sao Paulo

I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them.
                -- Isaac Asimov