Becoming a developer

Has the process for admiting new debian developers
gone on line yet?

There is a ham radio program that I would like to see
as a debian package.  As I am not currently a
developer, pehaps someone else might like to look into
packaging this.  Otherwise, I will do it, if I can run
your ganlet and join your ranks.

The program is QSSTV (the ONLY slow scan TV program
that I know of that works on Linux.)  As the name
implies, it is based on QT.  It now (version 3.0m)
works with both qt1.44 and 2.0.2.  It is also GPL'ed.
Hope it can go in main, or at least contrib.
The URL is
http://ourworld.compuserve/homepages/on1mh/qsstv

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!