Re: Some package ...

On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 01:22:08PM +0100, Daniele Cruciani wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 08:50:14PM -0600, David Starner wrote:
> > >
> > > Arr! A gui for lilypond: author say that he wan't use gnome-lib for
> > > porting reasons (???)
> >
> > If you do it in straight GTK, it's currently portable to Windows, and BeOS.
> > Gnome isn't.
>
> Gnome use GTK, exend it, and include other library. Couldn't be a program
> configured as use Gnome when it's avaliable, and just paste your needs
> if is not ?

Sure. I take you're offering to do the porting and additional upkeep
nessecary?

> However, that is only a look matter, so it could just linked with
> gnomeui, and gnomeui use only gtk.

Run ldd /usr/lib/libgnomeui.so. It's linked to quite a bit more than
just gtk.

> P.S.: gnome isn't ported to BeOS ?

Don't believe so, especially as GTK on BeOS is alpha.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with