Re: apt-get upgrade potato dependancy errors

Kenneth Scharf wrote:
> Thanks, that seems to have fixed things.  I hope that
> the package that contained the broken shell script
> will be updated soon, but I suspect that once you have
> the broken script on your system you might not be able
> to just replace the package, because the existing
> script wouldn't let you!
>
> Also does anyone know about the error I always see at
> the end of an apt-get upgrade run which goes:
>
> mount: /usr is busy
> E:Problem executing scripts DPkg::Post-Invoke 'mount
> -o remount,ro /usr'
> E: Sub-process returned an error code
>
> I suspect this can be ingnored, but I am not sure.

Yes, it shouldn't cause any problems.

I suspect that you are using the example apt.conf from
/usr/share/docs/apt/examples, which includes an option
to remount /usr ro after an upgrade.  You might want to
look at the options in that file closely, as it's only
meant as an example, and there may be things that you
don't want enabled (other than this).

Please cc further questions such as this to -user instead
of -devel, as they are more appropriately addressed on that
list.

Regards,

Steve