Re: [POSSIBLE GRAVE SECURITY HOLD]
- To: Onno <Onno@Willem.Alexanderschool.nl>
- Cc: Samuel Tardieu <email@example.com>, Adam Di Carlo <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Huneycutt, Doug" <email@example.com>, Johno Sullivan <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Anton Ivanov <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ruud de Rooij <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [POSSIBLE GRAVE SECURITY HOLD]
- From: Martijn van Oosterhout <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 00:39:17 +1100
- Message-id: <38998505.3A918B62@cupid.suninternet.com>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Samuel Tardieu and others wrote about letting lilo
> boot from floppy, I want to know:
> 1) HOW they did it?
> 2) Can you configure lilo.conf to boot from floppy?
> 2) HOW can I secure it? (just passwords?)
This is what I have in my lilo.conf:
You can use the password option to set a password. LILO
is installed in the MBR (boot=/dev/hda).
> I ask you this because I've been trying to get lilo to
> boot from floppy quite a wile now and I can't seem
> to get it right :(
Seems to work for me.