Re: [POSSIBLE GRAVE SECURITY HOLD]

> Fact: there are many systems vulnerable due to this bug. Why no
> official advisory? Does it improve system usability? Or maybe
> does it just improve _perceived_ system usability?

So I assume you were laughed off of BUGTRAQ for this? Or was Aleph smart
enough to moderate your post about it to /dev/null?

Quite simply, there is no such thing as a default security for physical
access. You said yourself that you have to change LILO in order to achieve
this anyway, why didn't you just edit lilo to install on the MBR?

boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hda1

It's quite simple.

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '