Re: StackGuard'ed Debian?

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 02:07:46AM +0100, Christian Hammers wrote:
] I don't have the cpu capacity of even building my own system but I would
] be interested how stable those guarded binaries are.
] We thought about using them at work but decided against it since the
] program is so unknown.
] I would second a proposal of building a "test" distribution on one of
] the public-servers and maybe somewhen (when harddiscs get cheaper :-))
] distribute a stack-guarded distribution or at least guarded network
] daemons (ftp,finger,smtp,http etc)

Well, the people at Immunix say they use it for everyday work in a production
environment. On the web site there are also analysis on the performance impact
- they seem reasonable for the security you gain.

--
key ID: 1024D/F00A7E3F (DSS)    user ID: kay <kay@phreedom.org>
fingerprint: DDCC 1A8C 30C5 8C7B C7E3  8808 02C3 1A5D F00A 7E3F