Re: slink is gone, goals for potato?

At 22:02 -0500 1999-03-01, Phillip R. Jaenke wrote:
Well excuse me, but last *I* heard, there was one part of it that was BSD
license, and lacked the LICENSE file in it.

That is irrelevant, most of the licences of pieces of glibc are documented in the GNU C Library Reference manual. The sources of db2 reference the LICENSE file, which is not included, but the license is documented in the credits section of the GNU C Library Reference manual. db2 code is never linked with any LGPLed code, and there is the following to allow libc to use parts of db2:

<<
As a special exception, when Berkeley DB is distributed along with the
GNU C Library, in any program which uses the GNU C Library in accord
with that library's distribution terms, it is also permitted for
Berkeley DB to be loaded dynamically by the GNU C Library to implement
standard ISO/IEC 9945 and Unix interface functionality.

Sleepycat Software, Inc.

Now, if you'd like to point all of us to somewhere where this actually
explained without some of the most annoying text I have *ever* laid eyes
upon, I'm sure we'd all be happy to check it out. Otherwise, either keep
it to private email, or don't say it at all.

This has been explained on -devel several times, if you don't read the damn list it isn't my fault. The *most* annoying? How is it any *more* annoying than anything else in all caps?
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                     <URL:http://web.espy.org/>
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                  <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>