Re: glibc 2.1 notes

At 13:30 -0700 1999-02-28, John Lapeyre wrote:
	How important is this? Should we search the source of
our packages ?  What kind of strings should I look for ? 'UTMP' ?

It is quite important, if the program is to work correctly (for example `who' which reads utmp directly shows no output, while `w' which uses the appropriate libc functions shows users logged in).

You want to look for the functions, utmpname, setutent, getutent, pututline, etc. (i.e. the list in the message you replied to).
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                     <URL:http://web.espy.org/>
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                  <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>