Re: What to do with CPAN ?

On Mon, February 1 1999, Christian Hammers <ch@lathspell.westend.com> wrote:
|Hi !
|
|I wonder if there was already a discussion about what to do with all those
|CPAN libraries. Should we package all of them (naaa...) or only the best,
|or none of them (oohhh :-().
|
|Or should we create some "Big-Packages" i.e. say the user "ok, you can get
|CPAN/Networking of CPAN/Databases but only all those 1MB, or none".
|
|Any conclusion ?

I think someone said a few months (a year?) ago that they are
considering a way to make CPAN packages known to dpkg, i.e. you would
be able to run something which will download and install a package
from CPAN and make it known to the dpkg database so other packages
which require it will know it is installed.

At least that's what I think I remember.

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL        amos@gezernet.co.il |                     -- Anonymous