Re: xdm and user's profiles

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 05:54:15PM +0100, Goswin Brederlow wrote:

> If you need system wide enviroment stuff, put it in
> /etc/enviroment. Its the only place used by all shells, since its
> passed as the initial enviroment to all shells.

Not true. I cannot get /etc/environment values to be set when I use xdm to
log into X. I have not tried via startx, but I presume that will work.

I may have futzed, and gotten the format wrong, if someone would enlighten
me, I'd be appreciative.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

    If it doesn't work, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.