Re-Still-Is: New bash package

Joseph Carter writes:
 > On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 02:21:47AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
 > > In http://master.debian.org/~doko/bash-rl you find an updated
 > > readline2 and bash-2.03 package. Before uploading I would like to ask
 > > people to test for showstoppers ... These packages install ok on two
 > > ix86 based systems. You will not find readline4 packages. Thanks for
 > > your input.
 >
 > If potato will not have readline4 included with bash as Guy indicated
 > before when I posted an ITP some months ago, then I am going to package
 > it seperately because I need the lib and have no intention of waiting till
 > potato is out the door before I get it.  =>

I remember a post of Wichert asking to be careful with the upload of
new library packages just before the freeze. Is there still a concern
to introduce new basic libraries for potato?

If not, why is ncurses-5.0 not packaged? Herbert Xu wrote that he
would take over maintainership from Galen, but I did not see any package.

Please see the thread starting at
	http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-qa-9911/msg00032.html
for the work already done for the bash and readline packages.