Re: world writable /usr/lib/libguile.so.6.0.0

On 22/11/99 David Starner wrote:

1:1.3-16.1. I don't find any suspisous "chmod" in /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.p*,
and libguile6 seems to be the only package providing this file. Did you
download the i386 version (digging for possibiliities)?

yes I run i386, I did not do anything special in getting installing it, it just came along for the ride at some point when i installed the system less then a month ago) i installed potato base using the 2.2.1 boot floppies and used dselect to install the rest of the system using apt. everything went pretty well (save for a package or two that would not install) I have not done anything remarkable with the system itself other then regular dist-upgrades to keep it up to date. certainly nothing unusal with the way i installed libguile. I was just doing some finds for bad permissions and up it came :|

(Yes, I've found the 777 libguile.so.6 too.)

Best Regards,
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/