Re: errors during recent dist-upgrades

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> I see your point in the situation where the loop is mandatory (ie. there
> is no alternatives involved in the loop), like in this case.  IMHO loops
> may be okay when there is an alternative way to satisfy the dependencies.

There's also little alternative to cyclic dependancies when you have two
different upstream sources for the two interdependant packages.

(Of course, on the other hand, I used to do just this with quake and
quake-lib back in 1996. How to install quake then became a common faq amoung
new users (no apt then). I seem to have given up and changed one of the
dependancies to a recommends in Dec 1996.)

--
see shy jo