Re: ITP: icecast

> Hmmm... I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but:
>
> Some months ago I contacted Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman@debian.org>
> about taking over the Icecast packages, and he seemed willing.
>
> At the time it looked like it would be easy to upgrade to
> icecast-1.3.0p2.  In fact that turned out not to be the case, and I
> essentially stopped working on it.
>
> A week or two ago, though, I browsed through the latest CVS 1.3
> sources, and they looked much more promising.  If no one else has
> taken it up in the interim, I'll package up the latest CVS stuff this
> weekend and put it on my web site for scrutiny.  Maybe it'll work.

What I mean is back in August Michael put it up for adoption and
of the people who asked for it (2 people) Johnie Ingram got it.

Johnie (as last I heard) is the maintainer of icecast. He had told me that
he was going to upload new packages a while back but I don't think he got
to doing it.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II