Re: Whom the BIND newest vulnerability concerns?

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Tomasz Papszun wrote:
>Sorry for bothering debian-devel; maybe I should have asked it on
>debian-users instead... but I think that - as this approach seems useful -
>developers could benefit too.
>
>Russell, would you mind (if your free time allows it) describing possibly
>in detailed way - how one could implement your solution, messing Debian's
>files as little as possible. OK, I know how to add a "system" user for
>this purpose :-) but later?

I have attached my /etc/init.d/bind file and here's the configuration for
authbind:

l /etc/authbind/byport/
total 2
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         1024 Nov 12 17:09 .
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root         1024 Nov  2 15:09 ..
-rwx------    1 ldap     root            0 Nov  2 15:09 389
-rwx------    1 named    root            0 Nov  2 15:09 53

It's simple enough to do.

--
Electronic information tampers with your soul.