Re: ALPHA *is* gonna hold us up (Re: FREEZE RESCHEDULED)

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 11:01:22PM -0500, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> I suppose I could take them, although I might need a heavy briefing on how
> they are assembled.  I woudl prefer to work with someone else from Alpha
> on this, though, since I'm still working on some binutils changes and
> handling the glibc and gcc compilations.

I'm willing to work on boot-floppies for Alpha.  But someone needs to do the
kernel-patch-alpha-2.2.13 and kernel-image packages first, and that someone
is probably not going to be me, as I am not at all clear on the way they are
set up for Alpha.

I think I managed to build dbootstrap here at one point, but I got wrapped
up in working on m68k stuff and didn't go further

My main concern is that I do not understand the boot procedures for any
subarchs other than EB164 w/AlphaBios, and I don't have anything other than
a PC164SX to test.  But I can definitely build and fix bugs.

--
make: *** No rule to make target `binary-argh'.  Stop.