ITP: GNU Parted

GNU parted is a partition magic clone. It consists of the packages
parted and libparted-dev. I cannot build shared libraries at this
stage due to a bug in gcc, but if/when that is fixed I'll also do
a libparted package.

parted can be obtained from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/parted
Author is Andrew Clausen <clausen@gnu.org>, parted's current
version is 1.0pre7.

License is GPL (of course)

debian/control:

Source: parted
Section: utils
Maintainer: Timshel Knoll <timshel@pobox.com>
Standards-Version: 3.0.1

Package: parted
Architecture: i386 alpha
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
 GNU Parted is a program that allows you to create, destroy,
 resize, move and copy hard disk partitions. This is useful
 for creating space for new operating systems, reorganising
 disk usage, and copying data to new hard disks.

Package: libparted-dev
Architecture: i386 alpha
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
 The GNU Parted library is a disk partitioning and partition
 resizing library. It contains an API which allows you to
 create, destroy, resize, move and copy hard disk partitions.

--
Windows 95:
32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an

Timshel Knoll <timshel@pobox.com>
First year Computer Science, RMIT
PGP2.6: 2048R/63E2CB1B