Re: Where's /bin/kill ?

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Raphael Hertzog's letter:
> Hi,
>
> I know that it should have moved from bsdutils to procps or vice-versa
> but actually I don't have any /bin/kill on my machine and i'm running the
> latest potato ... strangely there's no bug report about this problem
>
> Did I miss something ?

~>dpkg -S /bin/kill
procps: /bin/kill
~>dpkg --status procps
Package: procps
Section: base
Installed-Size: 286
Maintainer: Craig Small <csmall@debian.org>
Version: 1:2.0.3-5
Replaces: bsdutils
Provides: watch
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1), libncurses4 (>= 4.2-3.1)
Recommends: psmisc
Conflicts: watch, libproc-dev (<< 1:1.2.6-2), w-bassman (<< 1.0-3), procps-nonfree
 These are utilities to browse the /proc filesystem, which is not a real file
 system but a way for the kernel to provide information about the status of
 entries in its process table. (e.g. running, stopped or "zombie")
 Both command line and full screen utilities are provided. Ncurses is needed
 for the full screen utilities.

Hope that helps,
Federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio [http://www.bolinando.com/fog] {Friend of Penguins}
           Nobody will ever need more than 640k RAM! -- Bill Gates, 1981