RE: FREEZE RESCHEDULED

> On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Richard Braakman wrote:
>
> > I was too hasty when declaring this freeze.  Adam di Carlo
> assured me that
> > the boot-floppies are just not ready yet, and won't be for a number of
> > weeks even if they get help.
>
> Question:  Is there any reason why we can't take the current boot disks
> and stick a new kernel, libc etc. on them.  They won't be as good as the
> new ones I'm sure but they're quite serviceable IMO.

I hope you mean just for the freeze .. the current boot disks are less than
adequate for different types of installs (ie, networking setup needing dhcp,
pcmcia network fixes with that .. the cdrom selection ... things that will
be 'fixed' or added in the potato disks)... Things got bigger too, if you
checked out the current potato disks, you now need 2 if using 1.44mb
floppies as the root image got larger.  The ones up now are mostly useable
(for basic freeze testing), but not good for a release .. imo anyway ..

-Terry