Re: ITP: lukemftp

David Huggins-Daines <dhd@eradicator.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 04:59:32PM +0000, Edward Betts wrote:
> > Is this libedit, libreadline, another library or specific to the client?
>
> libedit

Oh, yippe! You are porting libedit to Linux. Once it is in the archive I will
recompile ash with libedit, goodbye bash.

> > Old style or new style?
>
> Old style
>
> On the subject of alternatives, I think it would be a good idea, as lukemftp
> is fully compatible with the Netkit ftp (seeing as lukemftp *is*
> /usr/bin/ftp on OpenBSD and NetBSD)

I would talk to the other ftp maintainers for this. There a lot of ftp clients
in Debian. Some are command line ones like ftp, ncftp and lftp. Some are
graphical ones. I presume that the alternatives would just be between the
command line ones.

--
I consume, therefore I am