Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 5, 1999

On 99-11-06 Joel Klecker wrote:
> At 20:20 +0100 1999-11-06, Christian Kurz wrote:
> >>  Package: gcc (main)
> >>  Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <gcc@packages.debian.org>
> >>    48527  gcc [alpha]: error compiling fweb
> >
> >This is also one week old and there's no reaction to it. This is release
> >critical and also a important package, so I woud recommend finding a
> >solution soon.

> The complex math issues on alpha targets cannot be fixed reasonably
> in the gcc-2_95-branch. It's already been fixed in the experimental
> branch, but the fix is not gonna be backportable. So the only
> solution is to use a different compiler on alpha for problematic
> packages.

Hm, what do the Porters from the alpha-team say about this issue? Can
they agree with this solution or do they have some bother solution.

> >>  Package: oskit (main)
> >>  Maintainer: Ed Boraas <ed@debian.org>
> >>    43872  oskit: i586-oskit-gcc forks endlessly
> >
> >Over two months old without a reaction from the maintainer. So may I
> >suggest adding a tag STRATEGY Can be removed if not fixed?

> I looked at it, it doesn't even compile now.

Well, then I would recommend adding a tag [REMOVE] Doesn't compile to
the package.

> >>  Package: termcap-compat (main)
> >>  Maintainer: Christian Hudon <chrish@debian.org>
> >>    48747  termcap-compat: doesn't build from source
> >
> >Could this package be compiled with the normal gcc or not? If not, I
> >think fixing the package would be the best solution.

> It's supposed to be libc5.

Can't it then be removed or do we still need it for some other packages?

> >>  Package: zsh (main)
> >>  Maintainer: Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org>
> >>    48483  zsh: TRAPEXIT causes seg fault
> >>  [FIX] Fixed in version 2.99.51.52pre3-1

> This is wrong, that's not a zsh version number.

Oh, I missed this one, but the list was just two long and I got a bit
tired while looking at the mentioned bugs.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *